- Fellowship in Endobiogenic Medicine, Lithuanian Endobiogenic Society, Kaunas University , Faculty of Pharmacy (2017)
- BSc (Hons.) Herbal Medicine, Westminster University, London (2006)
- MSc (Hons.) Medical Genetics, Aberdeen University, Scotland (1998)
- BSc (Hons.) Molecular Genetics & Cell Biology, University College Dublin (1997)
- (2011) Diploma, Swedish massage, ITEC qualification (distinction)
- (2010) Trust in birth- The elbow room, Dublin – Yoga for pregnancy teacher training
- (2000) Sivananda Yoga Teacher training Certified by the worldwide Yoga Alliance
Ciara O’ Meara a native of North Tipperary has been in private practice since 2006.
Her clinic is based in Thurles, Co.Tipperary.
Nutrition and herbal medicine play a pivotal role in recovering from illness. In 11 years helping people back to health she has found that there is an inseparable link between what we put into our bodies and what we ‘get out’
Ciara is a born scientist and researcher and uses these skills to formulate a health strategy that works on an individual level. She has a special interest in chronic illness such as thyroid illness, digestive disease, and nervous disorders. Ciara also has an active interest in ‘functional medicine’ which uses cutting edge tests and screenings to get to the ‘root cause’ of health problems.
In addition to practicing as a medical herbalist Ciara is also a massage therapist and will regularly combine this with herbal treatment where indicated.
Ciara regularly attends workshops and seminars to keep her knowledge and skills up to date, she has studied with the following international teachers;
- Dr Jean-Claude Lapraz (Endobiogeny), Dr Kamyar Hedayat (Endobiogeny)
- Dr Chris Etheridge (Cancer support), Chanchal Cabrera (Cancer support)
- Dr Marilyn Glenville (Women’s Health)
- Patrick Holford (Nutrition)
- Alessandro Ferretti, Matthew Wood, Sean Boylan and many others.